Even small towns such as Naseby in Central Otago had specialist small shops including watchmakers. Robert Strong opened his Naseby shop in 1868, and the business was carried on by his son, William, until 1967.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence