Perhaps the most famous of all pie carts is Auckland’s White Lady. It was started by Brian ‘Pop’ Washer in 1950, on the corner of Shortland and Queen streets. It became famous not for its pies, but for its hamburgers, consisting of home-made mince patties, Worcester sauce, tomato and lettuce. In 2006 the pie cart moved to nearby Commerce St.
Using this item
New Zealand Herald
Reference: 25 July 2006
Permission of the New Zealand Herald must be obtained before any re-use of this image.