William Thomas Wood ran this ‘veterinary shoeing forge and general blacksmith’ on the corner of Cuba and Rangitikei Streets in Palmerston North, photographed about 1881. It is evident that the scope of the term ‘veterinary’ was limited to horses only, and perhaps just to the care of their hooves.
Using this item
Palmerston North City Library
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.