Story: Public gardens

Dunedin Botanic Garden, 1925

Dunedin Botanic Garden, 1925

The winter garden glasshouse at the Dunedin Botanic Garden was opened in 1908, and featured a coconut palm, orchids and a display of flowering chrysanthemums.

Using this item

Alexander Turnbull Library, Albert Percy Godber Collection (PA-Group-00048)
Reference: 1/2 APG-1047; G
Photograph by Albert Percy Godber

Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Maggy Wassilieff, 'Public gardens - The oldest public gardens', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/18812/dunedin-botanic-garden-1925 (accessed 6 December 2019)

Story by Maggy Wassilieff, published 24 Nov 2008