This woolshed on the Homebush Station, which belonged to the Deans family, was built in 1878 from bricks made on the property. The shed is in a traditional T-shape, and the two wings featured 10 shearing stands each. At the time it was built, the station had about 12,000 sheep. Despite being close to the epicentre of the September 2010 Canterbury earthquake, the woolshed survived intact.
Using this item
Natural Sciences Image Library of New Zealand
Photograph by Peter E. Smith
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.