This road is being built, in 1944, to provide access to new farmland for returned Second World War soldiers in the Rotorua district. The government made over 1 million acres (400,000 hectares) available for this purpose.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library, War Effort Collection
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment