This impressively carved cup was made for the first Raukawa Cup race in 1898, organised by the Ōtaki-Māori Racing Club. In 2008 the club was New Zealand’s only remaining Māori racing club.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.