The Forest Research Institute was established in 1947 to coordinate all scientific research for the Forest Service. This is its Rotorua campus, as it was in 1962. The original nursery is on the left, and the curved ex-army huts on the right housed research staff. The library building is under construction on the hillside.
Using this item
Permission of Scion must be obtained before any use of this image.