The Kāingaroa State Forest was planted in the late 1920s and 1930s, largely through the labour of unemployed workers. By 1935 the forest had grown to a massive 46,878 hectares. These mature radiata pine trees, shown stretching in the distance in the 1970s, are a tiny fraction of the forest.
Using this item
Department of Conservation
Photograph by Dick Veitch
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment