For many decades a horse-drawn omnibus was the only form of public transport between Auckland and Papatoetoe. A motorised bus service began in the 1920s, but poor roads meant the passengers had to endure dust, pot holes and punctures. A smoother and quicker ride came in 1928 when the Great South Road was concreted.
Using this item
Auckland War Memorial Museum Tamaki Paenga Hira
Permission of the Auckland War Memorial Museum Tamaki Paenga Hira must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment