Rangiātea, the Anglican church at Ōtaki, has always been an important part of Ngāti Raukawa life. This is the original church, completed in 1851. It burnt down in 1995 and was reconsecrated in 2003. This photograph was taken by J. D. Pascoe in 1945.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.