This herd of young red deer is on pasture at Awhea Station in the Wairarapa, about 1890. The deer introduced from English parks were partly domesticated, and these may have been some of their progeny.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library, C. M. Pharazyn Collection (PAColl-0049)
Reference: 1/2-028745; F
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment