The Kaituna power station at the Ōkere Falls supplied electricity to Rotorua town from 1901. The extensive fluming was built to channel water into and away from the power plant. The station was superseded by electricity from the Arapuni station on the Waikato River in the 1930s, and it was dismantled in 1941.
Using this item
Rotorua Museum of Art and History, Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa
Permission of Rotorua Museum of Art and History Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment