The Taupo Totara Timber Company built its own railway from the government line at Putaruru to its stands of timber and sawmills at Mōkai, about 60 kilometres away. In this photograph, taken around 1905, timber is stacked in the distance, ready for loading on flat wagons such as those behind the locomotive at left.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library, L. R. Young Collection
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment