This marble statue of Rangitāne leader Te Peeti Te Aweawe was placed in The Square, Palmerston North, in 1907. It commemorates the support he gave to European settlers in the district.
Using this item
Photograph by Zoe Dewson
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.