At Ahipara around 1910, a barge has been loaded with sacks of kauri gum from bullock-drawn carts. The barge was taking the load out to the coastal steamer Chelmsford, visible on the horizon. The steamer would then carry the sacks to Auckland’s wharves.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.