Despite welcoming the Pākehā to Auckland, Ngāti Whatua rapidly lost their lands there, and by 1854 had only the Ōrākei block at Ōkahu Bay. This photograph shows the settlement in 1907.
Using this item
Auckland City Libraries - Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero, Sir George Grey Special Collections
Permission of Auckland City Libraries Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero must be obtained before any re-use of this image.