Story: Catholic Church

Mission stations to 1845

This interactive map shows the locations of the main mission stations in the North Island by 1845 – those of the Catholic, Methodist and Anglican churches.

Using this item

Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Rory Sweetman, 'Catholic Church - First Catholic missionaries', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/interactive/29270/mission-stations-to-1845 (accessed 21 February 2020)

Story by Rory Sweetman, published 5 May 2011, reviewed & revised 17 Jul 2018