Click on thumbnails to see photographs.
The Clifden bridge, near Tūātapere in Southland, was built of tōtara and Australian hardwood, and opened in 1899. It was subsequently used as the site for the local roll of honour after the First World War.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.