This poem was published around 1849 and is illustrated with drawings including a depiction of a very early mission school run by the Anglican Church Missionary Society, where Māori are learning inside a wharenui (meeting house). The other images surrounding the poem are based on Māori images from the 1830s and 1840s. The poem is the fifth verse of H. W. Fox's 50th jubilee hymn for the Church Missionary Society in 1849.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.