Entitled ‘Tu Kaitote, the pā of Te Wherowhero on the Waikato, Taupiri mountain in the distance’, this lithograph is based on a watercolour painted by George French Angas in 1844. It shows how various buildings within the pā were grouped around a large central meeting place, with tall palisades around the perimeter.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library
Tinted lithograph by J. W. Giles
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment