This lithograph shows the first truss bridge in New Zealand, built in 1847. The triangular wooden trusses hold up the deck. Soon after this image was made, the bridge was lost in a flood.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.