This information was published in 1966 in An Encyclopaedia of New Zealand, edited by A. H. McLintock. It has not been corrected and will not be updated.
Up-to-date information can be found elsewhere in Te Ara.
Public Seal of New Zealand
When the Public Seal was first sent to New Zealand in
1841, it was used with the Governor's signature on all
dispatches to the British Government, on grants of waste
land, and on letters patent designating local body areas.
John Sidney Gully, M.A., DIP.N.Z.L.S., Assistant Chief Librarian, General Assembly Library, Wellington.