New Zealand Women's Cricket Council
In 1934, when it was learned that an English team would visit Australia and New Zealand in the following year, the New Zealand Women's Cricket Council was inaugurated in Christchurch. At first the council was centred in Christchurch and consisted of local members who also represented the affiliated associations in other centres. The Council remained at Christchurch until about 1948, when it was decided that the associations in the four main centres should each hold office for two years in rotation. This arrangement ended in 1953 when the council became permanently established in Wellington.