The Stuart Memorial
In May 1891 a meeting of Dunedin citizens, “in hearty appreciation of the distinguished public services so ungrudgingly rendered at all times by the late Reverend Dr Stuart”, decided to erect “a memorial in some degree worthy of his services”. This took the form of a portrait statue in bronze, the artist being W. L. Morrison, Wellington. The statue, which stands in the Queen's Gardens, was unveiled on 22 June 1898.
by A.H.McL. AND B.J.F.
- History of Otago, McLintock, A. H. (1949)
- History of Knox Church, Dunedin, Hislop, J. (1892)
- Otago Daily Times, 14 May 1894 (Obit).