With so much activity in New Zealand archaeology, it is impossible to single out and describe a few examples. Most of the research is described in the publications listed below, to which the interested reader is referred.
by Lawrence James Paul, B.SC., Fisheries Division, Marine Department, Wellington.
- The Moa Hunter Period of Maori Culture, Duff, R. (1956)
- Anthropology in the South Seas, Freeman, J. D., and Geddes, W. R. (1959)
- A Handbook to Field Recording in New Zealand, Golson, J., and Green, R. C. (1958)
- Journal of the Polynesian Society (Quarterly) (1892–)
- N.Z. Archaeological Association Newsletter (Quarterly) (1958–).