This scene of the interior of the main building at the 1882 New Zealand International Exhibition in Christchurch shows the classical style of the structure. It was a temporary building designed by Thomas Stoddart Lambert, a local architect and city councillor. The exhibition was located on a 1.8-hectare site in Hagley Park. Although more than 200,000 people visited in its 14-week season, the exhibition lost money.
Using this item
Christchurch City Libraries
Reference: CCL Photo Collection 22 IMG02236
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment