This sequence reveals some of the views that can be obtained from the Kōhī Point headland. They are:
1. The coastline to the north-west, looking towards Mt Maunganui (Mauao)
2. Whakatāne town and river, with Mt Edgecumbe (Pūtauaki) in the background
3. The Pacific Ocean north-east of the headland
4. Moutohorā (Whale) Island
5. White Island
6. The coastline to the south-east, showing Ōhope and Ōhiwa Harbour
7. Further east, looking towards the Raukūmara Range and Cape Runaway.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.