This photograph of Parliament buildings after dark shows, at right, the main building erected to replace the wooden one that burned down in 1907. The stone structure was built in stages between 1912 and 1922, and then only partially – the original design had another wing to the left of the stairs. The building famously known as the Beehive, at top left, was constructed in stages between 1969 and 1981, and houses the executive and Bellamy's restaurant.
Using this item
Photograph by Grant Sheehan
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.