This tram, which is believed to have run between the city centre and Castlecliff from 1912 to 1949, was restored by an Auckland society of volunteers at the initiative of David Harre. The refurbished vehicle was gifted to the people of Whanganui in 2005 and is now cared for by the Tramways Wanganui Trust, which offers regular tram rides.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Janine Faulknor
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence